Thursday, November 16, 2006

New Baby Girl

This past Sunday we drove two hours (well four round trip) to get my very early Christmas present...

MY NEW BABY GIRL (she is a Dachshund... or what some people like to call a wiener dog)















I love her... I am so in love with her... but I am not in love with her when it is two o'clock in the morning and Baby Girl is whining at the top of her lungs. But she is so cute and adorable that I pick (literally) my butt out of bed and see what she needs. Sometimes she needs to go potty, sometimes she lets us know that she has gone potty (I've never known a dog who let there owners know that they went potty... but she does), and sometimes she just needs to be reassured that we are here.

The first night with Baby Girl was horrible. We (Chris and I) agreed that when she whined we would let her whine and not run to her... that lasted long. It was 2am when I woke up for the second time. I tried to let her whine but after an hour you get really annoyed. I told Chris I was going to pick her ass up and put her in the other room. Well come to find out she had pooped in her cage... so like a good mommy and daddy we cleaned it up and put her snugly back in her cage. But Baby Girl wasn't liking that. So Chris got her out and brought her to bed with us...BIG MISTAKE. She was not tired... she wanted to play. Chris tried to get her to calm down but it wasn't happening and I was trying to fall asleep which wasn't happening either. So like a good mommy I got up and took her to eat, because after two hours I was hungry too. She ate, I ate, we watched some TV and back to bed we went. We had bought her this little bed so I thought I would try to put her in that and see how she did... that was at 5am... she slept till 8am...I slept till 8am we were both happy.

The next couple nights were hard too but not has bad. Chris was gone for a couple nights on a business trip so I was left to take care of all three puppies (yeah we have three dogs) and on top of it all I got sick. But I am feeling better now and Baby Girl only got up once last night and Chris came home very early this morning... YAY!!!!! I'm happy, Baby Girl is happy, Charlie's happy, Toby... well he's Toby, and Chris, yeah he's happy because he is sleeping. We are a happy family. I need a theme song... haha!

If you think you are ready to have kids go get a puppy... if you can handle a puppy then you are ready. I am not ready to have a baby! But I love my Baby Girl and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Just Wow. Sounds like a lot of excitement and adventure at your house. I don't envy you at all.

Glad to hear everything is going well though.

sagreen125 said...

bubba
you know this is payback for all the nights you liked to keep us up. So when you have kids, it will be worse. Just remember, you know your dad will not feel sorry at all.
She is cute, is her name baby girl?

B Partridge said...

Did you forget how much of a pain Gracie was when she was a puppy...and what did you name her? I have to admit Baby Girl would be better than the other choice!

Steve Fuller said...

Ok, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I wrote a comment asking about what God has been doing in your life and you deleted it. Then, Bragg wrote a comment asking what happened to my comment, and you deleted that, too.

You used to write a lot about God on your blog. It was good for people to read about your journey with Him. You haven't written much about God lately, so all I did was ask about how your relationship with him is doing. I have no idea why you would delete that.

So, what's new with your relationship with God?

Bragg said...

Why would you delete a comment asking about another comment's disappearance?

As far as I saw, you weren't asked to justify anything you were or were not doing, just asking to hear about where stuff with God happened to be. If the answer is, Nothing is happening, then fine, but to erase someone'e comment asking where you are on your jouney is asinine.

You're an adult and can make your own choices, but this act is not in the spirit of maturity.

B Partridge said...

I just want to say that what a person does on his/her blog is his/hers. If they choose to delete a comment that they don't want others to see I believe that they have that right.
I love you, Kalla!

Shilo said...

Hi Pretty!
I was putting stuff away in my new apartment and found tons of photos of all you girls @ "Wilson's Creek." Such a long time ago. I have a great one on my bookshelf to remind me of how it all started. Just wanted to let you know I love your heart, I love your perseverance, I love your ambition, I love your bravery, I love your fire, and I love your face. The path God is allowing you to venture out on may not be completely clear to you or to others, but lean into Him and you'll soon find the forged trail. Don't forget where you came from cause it always helps to get you to where you're headed. Everything that you've been through and are going through currently helps mold you into the amazing girly you are growing to be. I love U! Can't wait to see you & Chris.

Anonymous said...

*pukes*

Shilo said...

Anonymous...that was just plain rude! If you don't like Kalla or what you read, go elsewhere. You're negativity and nastiness are unnecessary. Life is all about choices. Kalla is making some. If you don't approve or agree, oh, well that is between she and God. She is His to deal with not you. You now have a choice...to lovingly support her, encourage her in the right direction or continue to spew your meaness and quite possibly turn her heart away from cincinnati even more thus causing a larger gap between she and her friends and family that TRULY love and support her. I pray your heart changes and you learn to play nice.

Anonymous said...

Xanax honey. I said pukes about all the puppy stuff. And I was joking. Breathe darling.

Shilo said...

Xanax, now that's funny! Very nice play.