Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Typical Kalla

Tuesday afternoon I arrived home to my wonderful boyfriend after spending a weekend in Cincinnati. We said hi ate lunch... you know the normal stuff. I was tired since I had gotten up at 5:15am that morning to leave so we went up stairs to take a nap. When we went upstairs I took some new candle holders that I had gotten and was going to see how they looked on the dresser while Chris went down stairs for something. LETS BACK UP FOR A MOMENT.

About a month ago I went shopping with Cheryl (Chris' mom) and a friend. While we were shopping we stopped by this jeweler to look at rings... doesn't hurt to look. While we were there I found the ONE! It was gorgeous! The guy gave Chris' mom all the information on a business card and off we went.

Back to the story...
As I was setting up the holders I had to move a few things on the dresser. One of those things happened to be a card from the jewelers (and not the same card that he gave to Chris' mom). I knew before I saw the card that he had never been up there before because its not a chain jeweler. So when I saw the card I was suspicious.

I wasn't going to say anything but if you know me you know I am nosy. So when he came upstairs I asked him when he had gone to the jeweler. Of course he had no idea how I knew he went until I showed him the card. He then told me that there was a present for me downstairs and I needed to go look for it... (I hate those types of games) So I went downstairs in the kitchen to look and I couldn't find anything! I was begging him to tell me where it was when he sat me down and he pulled it (the ring) out of his pocket and asked me to marry him. I SAID YES!!!



It wasn't how he wanted to do it... but I loved how it happened and I LOVE him!!!!

October 17, 2006 I got engaged to the most wonderful man!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW ROCK IT UP!!! CONGRATS!!!

Shilo said...

KALLA BALLA!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS SWEETHEART!!!!!

B Partridge said...

Kalla--I'm surprised Chris still asked you after you ruined the surprise! I am soooooo happy for you! Tell chris congrats for me too!

Jamie said...

Congrats, kid :o)

Teresa said...

Congratulations!!!!!

sheplaysamartin said...

wowsers, girlie... :)

God bless! love you...

Anonymous said...

it's funny, when you were driving in front of me the other day (friday, 3:30, harrison) i felt the Lord tell me how much he misses you-His little girl...and that you were moving so fast no one could catch up, and that you liked it that way...you are a secret hope for the world-and you deserve true joy. i hope that in the intimacy of marriage with the one you love, you will slow down for your first love, so He might catch up. His heart melts for you.

Justin said...

I have no idea what that comment above meant, but if it meant "congratulations on your engagement to the man you love!", then I completely agree with the comment above.

So, congratulations on your engagement to the man you love! I wish you guys all the best.

Peace,
Justin

Anonymous said...

that is certainly, NOT what it meant.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible for you to disable anonymous comments? It seems like they are less helpful than helpful on your blog. just a thought...from an anonymous person.

Bragg said...

yeah we get it, you're engaged. is there an update anytime soon?