Saturday, June 17, 2006

Personal trainer

So yesterday I joined the gym here. That is a good thing, but I am also very sore too. When you join one of the things that they do is give you a session with a personal trainer (it’s just to get you to sign up with them) but this morning Melody and I went, and let me just say…PAINFUL! Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed every single minute of it, but my body hurts so much. I can’t walk up the stairs. (I’m not complaining either! And if you think I am then stop reading)

We as humans give up way too easy and don’t push ourselves enough. Why is it that a complete stranger causes me to push myself to what seems impossible to me but I can’t push myself to half that?

It’s the same with life. I think God pushes us to what seems impossible to us. It’s like a trainer knows how much weight we can lift and how much to push us…God knows how much we can handle and he will never give us more. We have the right to tell our trainer I can’t do anymore and the thought is always in your mind when your sitting there sweating and the trainer is saying, “Come on ten more.” You don’t think you can do it. But he believes in you and knows that this is good for you. Same with God, we can tell him and have probably told him several of times I can’t do it anymore, but he’s right there with us telling us we can and pushing us more because he knows that whatever it is it’s a good thing.

And after it’s over it’s probably very painful, but eventually that pain will disappear and you will feel better about yourself. We don’t like to cause ourselves pain and we will avoid anything just to not feel that pain but sometimes we need that pain.

To be healthy you have to be disciplined. You have to eat healthy and work out. To be spiritually healthy you have to be disciplined. You have to have a relationship with God. (I was going to name all the things you should do but I think each person has a relationship with God that is different.) Working out hurts… having a relationship with God can hurt too.

Physically I am ready to be disciplined…
Spiritually I am ready to be disciplined…
God help me!

5 comments:

sheplaysamartin said...

i'm glad that God helps us to become more spiritually and physically healthy. i'm glad He cares that much...

great post, kalla. keep up the good work! (no pain, no gain, as they say. :)

Shilo said...

Thanks girlie! I needed to read this post today. Puts it all into perspective. Love you!

Kalla said...

Nick,
What I am talking about is experiences in the moment.
I do though think that God never gives us more than we can handle. You said, "God will never drive us to kill ourselves." He will never give you that to handle because thats not from God. God would never let us kill ourselves.

Aren't there times in your life when you have wanted to give up because you just couldn't take anymore? This is more to what I am refering to... wanting to give up...wanting to do the easy stuff because the hard stuff is well just too hard.

So thats why I think God never gives us more than we can handle... andif you don't agree with me that's cool. It's just my opinion.
:)

Anonymous said...

what the heck would we need God for if we could handle everything ourselves? that just seems silly.

leaning on my Beloved-

Anonymous said...

I don't apperceive what it is off the top, I apologise... But it refers to that idea. Aloof throwing that out there. I don't beggarly to be the antagonist, so amuse actual me if I am wrong! I aloof begin it interesting... Personal Trainer Directory