Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sabbath

Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days a week are set apart for your daily duties
and regular work, 10but the seventh day is a day of rest dedicated to the LORD your God. On that day no one
in your household may do any kind of work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and
female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you. For in six days the LORD made the
heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; then he rested on the seventh day. That is why the
LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.
Exodus 20:8-11

God called us to rest on the seventh day but why doesn’t anybody ever follow that? I don’t! I will be the first one to tell you I don’t stop. I am constantly on the go. Now my days vary and I may have a little bit of time here and a little bit more time here, but I never take one day to just REST.

Here’s to finding the Sabbath.

1 comment:

Steve Fuller said...

Good post. It's just funny how much of an ego we all have. God found time to rest, but not us...we are too important; there is too much to do. It's odd how whenever I go on vacation, the world doesn't stop. Maybe I need to get some perspective?