Friday, May 26, 2006

Life goes on

I should be sleeping at this moment, its 3:16am. But as I expected I can’t sleep. I’m sad. I just don’t want to say goodbye. If I could be a heartless bitch I probably would have gotten my stuff together at this very moment and left with out saying goodbye. And I have seriously thought about it. It’s not the leaving part that sucks (okay it is) but the saying goodbye sucks.

The thing is, I will say bye to everyone in the morning and I will then drive 500 million miles (I am exaggerating) probably more like 350 miles to Illinois and go to my Aunts wedding. It will probably take me all day to calm myself down blah blah blah, but everyone else will go on…life will go on. People will go to work, kids will be fed, things will happen. LIFE GOES ON! (For you all) Your life stays the same but mine changes dramatically! And that’s okay… it’s just really sad for me.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just remember Kalla. We are not dying. We will still be around. On the other end of a phone, or a computer we will be there ready to offer support and encouragement.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking this same thing this morning before you left. Life Goes On. But, it doesn't go on quite the same does it? I think God uses people in our lives to shape us...to sculpt just a little bit here and there, getting us closer to the person with the life he dreams for us. Each person has an affect on another even if we don't always notice it right away. Others have profound affects that shape us dramatically.

So, while life does go on, it's never quite the same for those of us left behind, because we have been changed.

Some people leave bigger holes to fill than others. Some people leave craters the size of the moon that it feels like will never be filled.

I love you. Thanks for shaping my life.

B

sheplaysamartin said...

your life goes on, too, dramatic change and all... so please have some fun in colorado and in houston for me... it would suck to lose you (temporarily :) and have you not enjoy it at all... make this new season worth all the trouble. get the most you can from it. serve the best you can. and when you come home, we'll be ready to pick up right where we left off. :) i <3 you!

Anonymous said...

who says this should be "temporary"?
I think it will be a great move for you - even after the summer is over.