Thursday, May 04, 2006

Breakaway













I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway


Am I ready to spread my wings? Am I ready to fly?I didn’t make a wish but I am taking a chance and a change. I’m scared, more so than anyone will ever understand. I don’t like to talk about Houston because I don’t think I want to honestly admit that I am leaving everything. I don’t look forward to crying myself to sleep at night. I don’t like that I do it now. It’s not going to be easy and I don’t expect it to. I just hope that I give it a chance.

Then why am I going? It seems to be the question that everyone is asking me… I’m going because I can’t ignore this feeling in my gut. I can’t ignore the push that I am feeling and not in a bad way either a push that feels like I am not doing this alone, a push that’s not letting me fall. I can’t deny the fact that I am supposed to go. I can’t just say, “I didn’t like Houston so I’m not going to go.” God doesn’t work that way. And I don’t believe that’s how life works either. I have never trusted God so much in my life than at this moment. Yes, I am going down and I will know some people, but I am also not going to know a lot. It’s almost like I have no choice other than to trust and lean on him… not a bad thing right?

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging round revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me
But, gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway

I know that I will grow so much from this experience. I don’t know what will happen, what I will learn, or where I will go but I do know that I have to take a chance, and make a change!

I love everyone and thank everyone so much for being so encouraging. I know that everyone would love for me to stay, but no one has ever discouraged me even when I was ready to give up. You all kept encouraging me and I thank you so much!!!!

4 comments:

sheplaysamartin said...

love this song... (probably my fave clarkson tune, other than perhaps 'ms. independent.' :)

love the angel pic. it's precious.

love you more... :)

sagreen125 said...

Bubba,
it is okay to be scared, it is okay to cry at night. God never promised a yellow brick road. He never said it would be easy and smooth. but he promises to be with us.
all he ask, that we are willing. I remember 10 years ago, you were crying cause you were leaving all your friends. and now look at you. you are leaving again. you probably never thought you'd have friends or be happy.
none of us know what is ahead. but we know god will be with us.
I wish you were not going, but at the same time, this is god's plan for you. god's calling, all I have ever wanted for my kids. of course i had hoped it would be close by.
oh well.
mom

Anonymous said...

gotta love Clarkie. Just think if you were comfortable all the time, then you would prolly have a boring life. this is the invitation to step into a life of boldness. rock on and out.

j-steg

Lucid Magazine said...

happy trails K