Friday, March 03, 2006

Stuck in the middle

How do I have two groups of friends that just don’t get along? I love both, but I am sick of always being stuck in the middle. They all claim to like each other, but don’t dare put them any where near each other it might turn out really bad…

PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME OUT OF IT!
But how do they leave me out of it? How do I leave them out of it?

I am frustrated, I want my friends to get a long with my friends…I don’t want to always feel like I am choosing one over the other.

Maybe it was me, maybe I just created this mess, maybe my friends will never be friends with each other but can you all be civil towards each other?

I’m stuck in the middle and I don’t know what to do!…?

3 comments:

sheplaysamartin said...

you need to refuse to be the sounding board for the respective groups of friends, set a very firm boundary that you won't listen when they talk about each other (that sounds like gossip anyway)... and expect your friends to be civil toward each other when they're around each other. i really think that's a fair expectation. i mean, surely they catch on that you're in a tough spot. and what's more important, their clash of preferences and ideas, or their friendship with you? they'll have to decide that.

i'm sorry you're in the middle of this.

agirloutthere said...

Kalla,

Love the picture!

your friend and former rugger,

agirloutthere

Jillian said...

what's odd is that no one is fighting.
-jillian