Saturday, December 31, 2005

A look back at 2005

As I sit and remember 2005 I can’t believe how far I have come. I don’t know whether it was a good year or a bad year. I think I have had worse years though. This year I have had up and downs. Good days and bad days. But overall I can say that this has been a great year.

The biggest thing for me this year was moving out of my parent’s house. I have realized that I am my own person and I have my own opinions. Don’t get me wrong the things that my parents have taught me are good foundations but now I just have to build the rest. I don’t know about many of you but when you first move out of your parent’s house it’s a little weird. For me I came out of a house full of nine people and shared a bedroom with two sisters. The house was never quiet. And I moved into a house having a room all to myself and there not being that much noise. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. That transition for me was very difficult. Not that I liked the noise but for 18 years of my life I had lived with noise. And over night it changed like that.

Another thing that happened this year for me was the time I have spent with God. I have always written in a journal but it would be very random. But this year I really wanted to dig into God and spend quality time with him. It was very hard at first to do. I had to make it very intentional (which I never really liked because I think that spending time with God should just be natural.) But after a while it became normal. And something cool for me, I filled up a journal. I have never done that. It seems like each year I would just start a new journal and fill a couple pages and start over on a different one the next year.

I started a new job in July. I don’t know if that was a good thing or not. I started working full time (intentionally) for the first time. That was and still is a very hard adjustment. Having responsibilities are always very hard. But I think that I have done very well. Its been hard because over half my team have left or are getting ready to leave and just the change is something that I thought I could deal with but as each person has left its just gotten harder.

And last but not least. I decided to go to college. WOW! I am still shocked. I start in 3 days and I am excited and nervous. I had a tuff week trying to figure out school financially. I thought I was going to have to drop my classes, but some how God came through. And he has just shown me some amazing things.

I guess I can call this year of change. And I survived? WOW! I do not like change but I guess that is one thing that has changed this year! Here's to another year of change!

Happy New Years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year! sounds like exciting things are ahead!

Jamie said...

Yay for Kalla!! If you are ever in need of some noise, come to my house.. Ellie will have you yearning for the peace and quiet of your room :o) Congrats on starting school.. It takes a strong person to make so many positive changes..