Thursday, December 29, 2005

Believe



This morning I woke up an hour and a half before my alarm was supposed to go off. Isn’t that the worst? Nope! The worst part is when you can’t go back to bed. I was hot so I turned on the fan. I was cold so I covered up. I tossed and turned, tossed and turned, tossed and turned. It was a never ending cycle. I wanted to get up and get ready, but what if in two seconds I would go to sleep? So I stayed in bed miserable…because all I wanted to do was sleep for another hour.

I used to wake up all the time around 6. Almost two hours before I was supposed to get up and I would always pray. So after a half an hour of turning I started praying asking God if there was anything that he wanted me to know. I started praying simple prayers when I heard the word “believe”. “Believe in what” I asked? "Believe in Me and You."

Okay at that moment I was a little confused…I will admit it. I understood the believe in You part. I don’t believe in myself. I never think that I am good enough. I never think that I can do anything.

But what about the believing in Me part? I didn’t get it. I sat there very confused… very very confused! What do you mean I don’t believe in You? I sat there shocked. Does God think that I don't believe in him? As I sat there I felt like he was telling me that I don’t believe what he is capable of. WHAT? I know what he was capable of. I know that he can do anything. I knew that he was capable of doing anything but I didn’t believe that he was capable of doing anything for me.

But let me tell you this day has proved me wrong. There have been a lot of little things that he has shown me to remind me that he does things everyday for me. They might be big they might be small, but they are things just for me.

I pray that all of you will believe in Him and yourself. Believe that you can do great things. Believe that no matter what you do you are still loved by Him. And most importantly believe in Him.

4 comments:

stinkowoman said...

Like he gies you litle tiny gems to remind you that He loves you and He knows you....

Lucid Magazine said...

great post K. sometimes i will admit it is hard to keep faith alive. Thanks for posting, i am glad He showed up for you.

Kalla said...

Just when you think that he's done...there's more!

Anonymous said...

God believes in you... so do i. :)