Friday, November 25, 2005

Thank God for Panera

I Wrote this on my way to Illinois two days ago...but considering no one has wireless I couldn't get it off till today! Thank God for Panera!!!!

On my way to Illinois…
I am actually letting my sister drive at this moment (big shocker for me….I always drive) but I became very tired for the third time and I thought it would be best for both of us if she drives. I am not too sure of that at this moment.

I am very excited about this trip. This is the second year my sister (younger) and me have gone to my grandparents. It’s a nice little get away for her and me. Sister bonding time and we get to see our family in the process.

But this trip has been highly anticipated by me. It has been a long three days at work and a long couple days of life. I feel like I kind of just skipped over the past three days or they’ve all blended into one. I’ve had so much to do that I hope I didn’t forget something important.

Please don’t misunderstand me when I say this. I love my house and my job and my life. But sometimes you just need a break from all of them. You need to get away and not think about any of them. You need to be free of the every day responsibilities. You need to be a little kid again.

I have no idea what we are doing tomorrow or the next five days but I do know that I don’t have to wake up at 7:39am or be at work or come home and watch the boys or do my laundry or clean my room. And I do know that I will be getting my praise on. (Which by the way is very difficult. Yesterday was a tuff day and its really hard to get your praise on when your are having a stressful night. How’s it going for you?)

I am not a very fun traveler. I get very antsy and annoying after a couple hours. I love to fly but riding or driving in a car is not very fun for me. Most people can sleep in cars and two hours go by like that. Not me. I couldn’t fall asleep for the life of me. (But yes I felt like I was going to fall asleep…that’s because I got bored…or the fact that I got 5 hours of sleep last night and was on my feet all day. Who knows?) Where was I? I like to be awake to see what’s going on around me, to see where I am going or to see the funny names of streets.

I have these good friends who live in Texas that I have visited a couple of times. They used to live in Cincinnati until almost two years ago when they moved to Houston. Anywise I would go on vacations with them and any time we would go someplace we ended up in the car for hours. And I mean hours. One time when we went to Colorado (Denver) we were just supposed to go someplace not to far away an hour at the most. Yeah right! We ended up being in the car the whole day. And then the next day we got up and drove to Grand Junction, which is on the other side of the state. And the past couple of time I have gone to Houston we have ended up driving around Houston for at least four hours. I am just one of those people who either need to be driving or watching a movie in the car.

I used to lay in the car on trips as a little girl praying, “if I fall asleep God will you please let us be there when I wake up.” Unfortunately it never happened. I never really fell asleep. I was always aware of where we were. I don’t know if I would call that a bad thing or a good thing.

I can’t believe that it is almost Thanksgiving. Three hours away. I almost forgot about Thanksgiving. Really I did. I got so caught up with a set at work that Thanksgiving never crossed my mind. Kind of sad actually. But tomorrow I will get to eat grandma’s (or Mimi…that’s what we call my grandma) cookin! Mhhmm.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

B Partridge said...

I cannot believe you let Sara drive...were you insane???? I miss you guys, but I hope you are having a good time with Mimi and Papa!

Kalla said...

Yeah I know...I was insane! haha! I miss you too... hope you had a great thanksgiving with your new family!

Anonymous said...

Why you gotta be ragging on our little adventures? Don't you know that anybody can read this stuff? People might get the impression that you didn't like driving into the deepest, most hellish parts of the Colorado Rockies and ending up in Wyoming (or whever the heck it was). But deep down, we all know you loved it!

-Me

stinkowoman said...

Yeah, we drove over an hour to get to a Panera in LA. They are officially my favorite restaurants!

Kalla said...

They aren't my favorite anymore. The internet stopped working! not on my good list...well at least the one in yorkville...haha!

Anonymous said...

So, how's your praise thing going? Did you get the email from Candyce about the butt wiggling worship leader?