Monday, October 31, 2005

Sweetly Broken

Sweetly Broken Wholly Surrendered
Let’s look at what these four words mean.

sweetly
a : pleasing to the mind or feelings : AGREEABLE, GRATIFYING -- often used as a generalized term of approval b : much loved : DEARbroken

broken
: violently separated into parts : SHATTERED2 a : made weak or infirm b : subdued completely : CRUSHED 3 a : cut off : DISCONNECTED b : imperfectly spoken or written 4 : not complete or full

wholly
: to the full or entire extent : COMPLETELY
2 : to the exclusion of other things : SOLELY

surrendered
1 a : to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand b : to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another2 a : to give (oneself) up into the power of another especially as a prisoner b : to give (oneself) over to something (as an influence)

What was that all about?

Let me explain. I heard a new song this week by Jeremy Riddle called Sweetly Broken. And let me tell you it is sweet. It has been the only song I have listened to for two days straight.

At the cross you beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees
I am lost for words, so lost in love
I am sweetly broken, wholly surrendered


I am sweetly broken, wholly surrendered. I am loved so much by the One that he breaks me so sweetly. So what else can you do when He sweetly breaks you beside wholly surrender?

This song has seriously put me on an emotional high with Him. I am reminded how much I have been given and how much He has surrendered. So to show my great fullness I am wholly surrendered. He died for you and for me. He beckons us to His thrown. He is a God of love and just who gently draws us to our knees. He doesn’t ever command us to our knees but by his love he draws us to our knees and into His life. I am lost for the right words to say to him. And I am completely lost in his love. I hope he knows how much I mean it when I say, “I Love You.” Because that seems to be the only thing that really describes how I feel.

I hope that God never stops “sweetly breaking” me. I hope I never have to go a day with out his love. Not only me, but I hope that for all of you, for everyone out there. I pray that from this day on that that you are sweetly broken and I pray that you are wholly surrendered to Him.

This gift that we have been given is so priceless and so undeserved. Don't forget to go a day with out thanking the One that gave you this gift. For dying for your life, for dying for my life.

At the cross you have beckon me, you draw me gently to my knees and I am lost for words so lost in love. I am sweetly broken, wholly surrendered!

I can't say anything else but I am so in love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like that song... i wonder if robbie put it in worship connect? (i hate transcribing...)

but yeah. i like that song a lot. i listened to it most of the way down to the party saturday night... :)

Anonymous said...

great song! but you cant sing it without holding an egg shaker. JK. Your posts always make me think

Anonymous said...

robbie apparently did add it to worship connect. yay! i think i might include it in a set for d'vine sometime soon...

that definition of 'broken' rocked me. i can think of a number of songs that speak of brokenness. is that really what we long for?! man, that makes me think...

stinkowoman said...

Where did you find it? Where can I listen to it?

Kalla said...

I have it...of course!
I will let you listen to it..or email it or burn it or something!