Wednesday, September 07, 2005

"What This Thing is"

Isn’t God amazing?

About a week ago I made a huge decision for me at least. It’s something that I have never wanted to do or ever thought that I would ever do. I don’t know what got me to do it…I don’t know what went off in my brain that said “Kalla you should do it!” But here’s my theory. God.

I know that I would never have the strength to go through this on my own. After I had decided I wanted to do this I was praying and asking God, “God if you really want me to take this risk then I need to know that you are going to be with me.” (That was last Monday) Then at staff prayer Dana (she was leading it that day) was talking (honestly I don’t know what about) but looked right at me and said “I will be with you!” Now maybe that wasn’t even anything for me to hear like that or maybe that is exactly what God wanted me to hear. Either way I heard it and it got me so excited! I can do this! I don’t have to be scared or afraid. God is going to be with me either way.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8

I have only told a couple of people what this thing is because it’s very important to me and I am afraid if I just start telling everyone that I won’t end up doing it and then I will become a loser. So if you are reading this and wondering when I am going to tell you “what this thing is”, I’m not going to tell until everything is finalized. Some of you that know me may know what I am talking about and some of you may not have a clue.

I have thought about doing this thing for over year but then I get really scared and decided not to do anything about it. But not this time… its really weird not one scared bone in my body.

One reason that I have always been scared about this is that I thought that I was never smart enough to do this and that always kept me from doing anything. But I’m not even scared about being smart enough. I know that if this is what God wants me to do then I am going to do it, whether its easy or hard, whether I am smart enough or not. I know that I will be challenged in this, but what aren’t we challenged in when God calls us to do something?

I am so excited! God I can’t wait to see the challenges you have for me with this and everything else. Thanks for being and awesome Father who will always be with me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatever it is, i'm excited for you... isn't it awesome when God blows the doors off what we see as limits? He's amazing... (i'm experiencing a lot of the same thing right now... rock on!)

Kalla said...

I have more to come...I was writing... haha!

Steve Fuller said...

I know what it is...I know everything. :)

stinkowoman said...

i love to watch you grow! i look forward to seeing what's going to happen!

Kalla said...

It seems like everyone knows...is it that obvious???

D'Vine Missions said...

kall -- i know too! you go girl! I am so proud of you for taking this step. wish i were there to sqeeze you!