Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Woman I Am

I have discovered that I am comfortable with who I am.
When I was in Jr. High I always remember being so insecure with myself. I didn't like the way I looked, I thought I was fat and I thought everyone else was skinnier than me. I thought everyone had more friends than me. I thought people didn't like me. I used to walk in the mall looking at the ground the whole time because I was afriad people would look at me funny or walk away from me and say mean things about me...even if I didn't know them. And the thing is I was so afriad of it because thats what I would do to people. I would make comments about the way they looked or the things they were saying. I was flat out rude!!! I so thought I was better than everyone. But all of that changed.
I was and I am still not a social person. I don't like big groups of people. I don't like talking to a million people its just not my thing. I like to talk to people one on one or in small groups. I don't think that I am fat anymore (I don't think I am skinny but not fat.) I am comfortable with the way I look...sometimes...more than when I was in Jr. High. And I know that people love me (I am not trying to sound cocky or anything I just know that I am loved now.) I try to smile at people more when i am in the mall or in public. I don't want people to think that I am going to say or think something mean when I walk away from them. I want to love them even if they don't know me.
I feel like I am growing into the woman that God has made me. I know that I am not anywhere near it. But I know that I am getting there. Closer than I was 5 years ago!
But it has taken me a long time to realize all those things.

No comments: