Sunday, July 17, 2005

Who wants to live a life with God?

So I have come to the conclusion that living a life with God is very hard. And I understand why people turn away from him. Why would anyone want to live a life with God when they can't see or hear him? In this world we go to school and hear teachers explain stuff or we hear people on the radio talking about what is going on in the world or the music we hear talks about breaking up or we see the television or a see a movie where it gives us the "idea" of what love should be like (hollywood love). We see and hear everything. There is nothing in our lives that we have to believe in. So who would want to live a life with God?
Why would anyone want to live a life with God when its much easier without him? "Yeah I am going to go this way God because its much better and plus I have been this way before I know what it looks like. It's safe for me. I don't really know that way. And I don't trust that you think its okay for me. So maybe I will just see you around sometime." So they walk away from God because they think they know whats better for them. There is no trust no faith no believing.
But how freaking boring is that. To live a life that is so predictable. To know
whats coming and when.
Living life with God is hard. No one said that it was ever going to be easy. Did my parents or friends tell me, "Hey Kalla living with God is so much easier than just doing your own thing." HELL NO!!! But did they ever tell me it was going to be hard...NO! I wish that someone would have told me growing up that, "Living with God is very difficult but here's why...." And maybe there is a reason why no one did tell me. Maybe they were afraid that if they told me I may not allow God in my life or I may allow God into my life and then down the road just totally forget about him because it was way to difficult for me. Thats what we tend to do in our lives...right? Just give up because its too hard? But guys when does God give up on us? When does he say, "Wow Kalla you think about boys way more than you think about me. I just can't handle you anymore because you don't love me that much." He doesn't! You know why...because God loves us far more than we will ever know!
He is unconditionally in love with us.
And I think that is so hard for us because we have never seen that. Our parents love us a whole bunch and our boyfriends or girlfriends might love us but that is nothing compared to how God loves us. I can't really explain to you how God loves us except that whatever you do...no matter what good or bad...God Loves YOU!
I want to live a life with God. Anyone else with me?

No comments: