Monday, May 10, 2010

Regret

The definition of regret

–verb (used with object)

1. to feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.): He no sooner spoke than he regretted it.

2. to think of with a sense of loss: to regret one's vanished youth.

–noun

3. a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction, etc.

4. a feeling of sorrow or remorse for a fault, act, loss, disappointment, etc.

5. regrets, a polite, usually formal refusal of an invitation: I sent her my regrets.

6. a note expressing regret at one's inability to accept an invitation: I have had four acceptances and one regret.


Regret normally follows the thoughts of what did I do that, what am I so ashamed of, what are those things I wish I could take back, what do I wish no one new about me?


I have heard the term regret a lot lately and it got me thinking about what I regret. And I can’t come to think of anything. Now you might say, “Wait there is NOTHING in your life that you “regret”? And I would have to say no. Don’t get me wrong I have done stupid things a long with some stuff I am not happy about but I would never say that I regret those things. Those things that I have done (right or wrong) have made me who I am today. No I’m not proud of them but every situation taught me something different.


I’m not that type of person that can be told not to do something and I don’t do it. I am probably the complete opposite and would do it just to find out for my self. But that’s me (and my son… ugh!) and that’s they way I’ve been since I was wee little. And yes it did get me into trouble a lot and sometimes I learned from my mistakes and sometimes I just repeated them.


I tend to think people regret relationship decision the most. But I can’t say that either. I have to look at the good that it gave me rather than the hurt. Everything in our lives happens for a reason whether we are doing the right thing or not. And we might have consequences from our decision but those were the decision we made and those consequences shape who we are.


I am who I am today because of right and wrong I have done in my life. I am who I am today because of my mistakes and I am okay with saying that. But I also am who I am today because out of those mistakes I had consequences. I would not be who I am today if I regretted everything wrong I have done in my life. I’m sure if I regretted everything in my life I would just be the same old person.


So what do you regret (if anything)??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Si queres aprender a realizar lazos y moños con una persona que tiene mas de 20 años de experiencia,has un click en el link

http://01049g0enful--9slckf0j18eo.hop.clickbank.net

Mohsin Mansoor Kerai said...

Nice.. !!

Visit
http://mohsinkerai.blogspot.com/2011/08/cultural-day-wsj.html