Thursday, February 19, 2009

I AM DESPERATE!!!

I don't know what to do anymore. Kloe has been sick for 4 weeks now (ear infections) she is now on her third medicine and she WON'T SLEEP! The only way she wants to sleep is attached to my boob. I am trying to get her back on a schedule but its a long process with her and I am exhausted and frustrated. She has been sleeping in her swing for 4 nights now and I am beginning to wonder if she will ever sleep in her crib again. I know it can't because her ears... because she has no problem sleeping on my bed. 

HELP any would be greatly appreciated! I am on the verge of tears every time its nap time or bed time okay maybe I do cry a lot of the time. 

I just want my daughter to SLEEP. When she is a wake she is so precious and great but getting her to sleep is just FRUSTRATING! 

2 comments:

Amanda Troyer said...

If you know she's fine, and you've done everything you can to get her to sleep in her own bed, get some earplugs and leave her for an hour. I did that when my little one started getting up in the night and it took two nights of covering my head with a pillow and going somewhere as far away from his room, but it worked, he only cries until I shut his bedroom door, then he knows he has to sleep. If there is something wrong I know it now because he'll keep crying. I never let him cry for more than an hour though. I'd go back in after that, try to calm him down and try it again.

Good luck, I know how hard things can be with no sleep!

Jeannie said...

I was having similar problems with Ethan.. only his started with stomach problems. I eventually discovered that he was faking it to get to sleep on mommy and daddy- not just in our beds. We had a bad weekend of tough love. He cried himself to sleep 4 times one night, 3 times the second, then only twice the following night. He finally got over it and has been sleeping til 5am every night since. It was soooo hard the first 3 nights, but it paid off. Just determine in your mind what you think is an acceptable time for her to wait until her next feeding- then, no matter what happens don't give in. I will pray for you! I pray God gives you the strength to tough it out and gives you the wisdom to know how best to do for your girl.