Sunday, July 22, 2007

FINALLY!!!

Well after being in the hospital for a week I (along with Chris and Caidan) are finally home. It has been a long journey and we continue to find that its not quit over yet (at least for me).

Last Sunday my mother-in-law and sister took me to the hospital because I had high blood pressure. They thought that they would keep me over night and watch my vitals hoping they would go down. Well they didn't and decided to induce me. I WAS SO EXCITED but little did I know what was to follow. They had officially diagnosed me with preeclamsia. Preeclampsia is a very unexplainable disease and can be very dangerous for mother and the only cure for it is delivery. Well after being in labor (actual labor) for 38 hours and only dilating to 4 maybe a 5 and my cervix had become swollen (meaning there really wasn't a way he was coming out vaginally) we decided to do a C-section. Caidan as everyone knows was already was born July 18th, 2007 at 7:05pm and weighed 7lbs 4oz. He was and still is a very healthy baby boy.

A normal stay in the hospital for a C-section is typically three days but mine turned into more like five because I have not fully come over preeclampsia. I still have high blood pressure and a whole lot of swelling going on. Yesterday (Saturday) we found out I at fluid on my chest and was given two rounds of water pills to help get some of the fluid off. After everything that I have been through I actually feel GREAT. I am tired a lot pretty normal for being a mom actually. And I still have to take it easy for a while one because I just had surgery and two because I still have preeclampsia. But I am happy to be at home and hopefully it will all get better from here.

Thank you to everyone whose has kept my family and I in your prayers. It is much appreciated!!

So I thought I would let you view some more pictures.











































































































Caidan has already learned how to hold his own bottle!

2 comments:

sagreen125 said...

I can see how he has changed some already, the chubby cheeks are there,
I can't wait to see and hold and kiss him.
I can't wait to see you, you are going to be a great mom
love ya
mom

B Partridge said...

I can't believe he can already hold his own bottle...he is definitely a smart one like his Aunt Betsy!