Friday, July 28, 2006

This great LOVE

Do you ever feel like you have to pray more? Or read your bible more? Or go to church more? Because you think God is keeping a list of all our names with check marks by them of all the things we’ve done wrong and in order to clear all the check marks you have next to your name (there would be a lot next to mine) you have to do “more.” Isn’t that one of the biggest lies we’ve ever heard?

On Thursday nights there’s a bunch of girls that go to this bible study downtown called Metro (check it out). The speakers name is Jeff Magnum. Wonderful speaker (if you get a chance check out the podcast!) He pastors a church in Austin, Texas and every Thursday night for the past 6 weeks has been driving two hours each way to speak to a group of 20-30 year olds.

Last night he spoke on redemption. But that’s not what stuck out to me. I know that I’ve talked about God’s love and it being so big and sometimes misunderstood. Jeff has an 8 month old little daughter. He said the most frustrating thing is that she doesn’t know how much her daddy loves her. He said he sits there every day and tells her a million times that he loves her and she just smiles or laughs at him. Do you ever think we do that with God, smile and laugh at him when he tells us he loves us?

The three words that God tells us every single day probably over and over again are I LOVE YOU and the mean nothing to us. We brush those words off like they mean nothing to us because we don’t understand the depth of what they really mean. I know that God loves me and I can tell you a million times but I don’t understand the depth of how God really loves me. It almost brings me to tears; no it does because I can’t grasp that love.

I just hope one day I will be able to grasp a little of that love!

1 comment:

Lucid Magazine said...

Beautiful post. When we take every single other thing away, this is what is left in all the world. This is the beginning and end of all.

All our works and efforts and stuff amount to nothing. I hope I too I can understand this.
Thanks for posting this. So simple yet so profound.

Kalla. A baby in God’s arms.

Hope you are enjoying Houston. We miss your sunshine here but glad that you have a chance to spread the father's love there.
Cheers,
E