Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Leaving Cincinnati

The time has come for me to leave Cincinnati. I have had to make some hard decisions in my life, but never have I had to make one that was this hard.

At the end of May I will be leaving Cincinnati. Could be for 3 months or it could be for 3 years, I really don’t know. But I do know that as hard as this is for me it’s the right thing to do.

So were will I be going you ask? It’s kind of very far from here… Houston, Texas.

I have been given an incredible opportunity to work with VMG (Vineyard Music Group). And to hang out with some amazing people.

It’s very scary, exciting, sad, did I mention scary and sad? I am very excited to see this journey unfold but at the same time I am very sad. There are so many great people here that I love so much (and you know who you are) that made this decision so much harder (and believe me it was so much harder), but I know that I am making the right decision as hard as it is. Nothing about any of this decision is great at the moment, for me and probably for a whole bunch of other people.

The idea of going to a brand new place is very very scary to me. I know people down there but I am leaving everyone I know and love. If you know me then you know that I don’t meet people very easily, it’s just never been my personality, so it’s very very very hard for me to leave people that I am comfortable with. But like I said I know that this is the right thing. God has confirmed it over and over again to me.

Cincinnati will always be my home. I have made some amazing friends and I have done things that I never ever thought I would have done. I may be ending a journey in my life but the best part of ending something is getting to start something new.

I know there will be questions that everyone will want to ask so please don’t be afraid to ask.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kalla, I am so excited for you. That sounds awesome. Do you know how flippin' hot it gets there? I am sad I did not get to know you better before you left, but have loads of fun and I will keep you in my prayers.

Kalla said...

Thanks anonymous!

Who are you?

Justin said...

Kalla,

WOW. I'm so excited for you, and proud of your intrepid decision! You'll kick butt at VMG...holy moly, what a move! Are you gonna be workin with our goateed friend?

Congratulations!

Peace,
Justin

Jamie said...

I'm going to miss having the opportunity to see you! :o) You are the kind of person I'd like to call a friend.
As a person who has moved far away from home at a young age (to Switzerland at age 20), I will be a sounding board if you need to talk.. perhaps we can be penpals ;o)

agirloutthere said...

Kalla, I'll agree with your anon friend, Houston is "flippin' hot." (That's where I started this journey called life.) Anyway, just remember that Galveston is not far away which means, no more rooftop suntans for you! http://www.cityofgalveston.org/

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and so sad for me.

You are brave and beautiful Kalla Green and Houston is lucky to have you! (That sounds like a country song :-), maybe you can get it recorded while you are there)

Much Love,
B

sheplaysamartin said...

i agree with brooke on the happy for you sad for me thing.

but at the same time, i'm so excited to see how you'll grow, how this experience will further shape you...

ylmurph said...

I'll give you seven dollars to stay. (that's like two weeks allowance for me)



Cash

Mark said...

Kalla,

REAL friends are always friends, no matter what the distance.

Do ya' ever wonder why God allows us to "touch" or "be touched" by the people that does come through our lives? I mean even simple "touches" can have profound impacts. I so believe that each time we experience any type of "love touch" that it is really our God telling us again how very, very much He loves us. He uses the hands, feet, mouths, eyes and hearts of His human creation to continually reveal His great love for us.

Don't ever let your times in Cincinnati be pushed out of your mind or your heart. Be like Mary, mother of Jesus, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19"

Kalla said...

Is that all I am worth $7?

ylmurph said...

That's seven more dollars than I'm paying anybody else not to move.

Don't get all greedy...
You could buy jeans at the Gap Outlet, a couple of drinks at Starbucks, 28 gumballs, rent a movie and have enough money to buy a large milkshake to enjoy with your movie, send fan mail to Bob Saget once a week for 4 months...the possibilities are endless.