Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Be Aware

I have heard too many of my guy friends talk about how girls don’t wear enough clothing. And it got me thinking a lot. As women we have a responsibility to men (even if we don’t know them) to not wear skimpy clothes. We can’t give them a reason to look at us. (Cause I think either way they look but why give them more reasons to look) I am not about to point fingers at anyone, if I should point fingers it should be at me.

Now I know that every girl wants to feel sexy…am I wrong? Every girl wants to know that every guy that walks past her is looking at her…even if he is gross. Every girl wants attention from men, and when you get that attention it makes you feel prettier, sexier, and more self confident… Every girl wants to know that she is prettier than the girl standing next to her.

(Guys…it’s all a game with girls! :))
And really is has nothing to do with guys. It’s like Candy Land (remember that game) you want to beat your friend to the top…well that’s what its like with girls except we are using guys as the board. You look at us and we have moved up…you flirt with us, another move and so on. We basically use you…I am really sorry. I’m not saying that every girl does this all the time, but I do know that every girl does this one time in her life.

We can’t give guys excuses to look at us. Too many of us wear shirts that are too low or too short or too tight. Let me give you a little tip girls… if you can look down and see your boobs there is a chance that everyone else can see them too. If you have to keep pulling your pants up because you butt crack is showing, isn’t that a hint that maybe they are too little? Maybe they aren’t too little they are just “low-riders” don’t you think you should wear longer tops.

I think you can dress appropriately and still feel sexy. I am not saying that you have to wear turtle necks and pants 24/7. I just think we as females need to be more aware of what we do to guys. I am not a guy so I can’t begin to tell you what they think, but I think I might know a little bit about what they think.

Do you know that guys are very visual? The think a lot!! You dress skimpy and I can guess that they will be thinking about you later… (I am not saying guys will but probably…again I am not a guy, so guys correct me if I am wrong…PLEASE) You show a little skin, and wow it gets them going. You don’t want to be the reason why they have to take a cold shower do you? I DON’T!

I have had an incident at home… I was getting ready to go to bed and I forgot something downstairs. Nobody was home when I decided to go downstairs so I didn’t bother to put on a t-shirt (I had a tank top on don’t worry) as I walked down the stairs two guys walked in. The minute I saw one guy I knew what I was wearing was too skimpy of a shirt…bad bad Kalla! I saw the look and his face… Now the bad part is at the moment I was proud of myself. I got him to look at me...Yes! But later on we had talked about it and it made me feel so bad. I could have helped him by just turning around or putting on a shirt but I didn’t.

We as women need to look in the mirror before we leave our rooms. We need to bend down in front of the mirror and ask your self can you see your boobs. You need to lift up your arms…can you see your stomach? You need to kneel…is your butt crack showing? If you respect your body other people will respect you. You don’t want some guy who just thinks you have a hot body but you want someone who is going to like you weather they can see your boobs or not.

Just be more aware! :)

3 comments:

sheplaysamartin said...

'if you respect your body other people will respect you. you don’t want some guy who just thinks you have a hot body but you want someone who is going to like you weather they can see your boobs or not.'

straight up, yo. well said. :) (the irony, of course, is that the kind of guy that respects your modest hottness is the kind of guy that will eventually reap the benefit of a lifetime of getting to see everything with his future wife. gotta love poetic justice. :))

Marsha said...

Kalla - You may want to take at the book For Women Only. Among other helpful things, it talks a bit about a guy's battle in a world of obstacles such as these and how we as women who want to support the men in our lives can help.

Anonymous said...

this post rocks