Friday, August 05, 2005

Transformation

trans·for·ma·tion n.
The act or an instance of transforming.
The state of being transformed.
A marked change, as in appearance or character, usually for the better

God transform me into who I am supposed to be. How do I know if I am who I am supposed to be right now? What if I am not who I am supposed to be? What if I am who I am supposed to be?

Everything in this world transforms. Flowers transform, roads transform, food transforms. Everyday we become older...slowly but surely! (Some get older quicker than others…:)) We can transform on the outside or we can transform on the inside. I think I would rather transform on the inside. But what takes us so long to transform? I think we as humans are very stubborn- we don’t want to hear what other people might have to say- we want to do things our own way (stubborn). I think when we stop being caught up in ourselves and more focused on others we began to see God more. And as a result we begin to see ourselves.

Sometimes I think that I have to do something so big to make a difference in this world or to feel like I am following God's plan for my life. Sometimes I think if only I could speak in front of people maybe I would be something or what if I was in a high position at work then I would be someone and maybe I could make a difference. Recently I had to fill out this Spiritual Assessment for my job. It's kinda dumb- they just ask when you became a Christians.....things like that. But one of the questions was asking what I thought about this saying:
Small things done with great love will change the world.

Here is what I wrote:
“Small things done with great love will change the world.” It’s pretty amazing if you actually think about it. I mean we hear that phrase all the time, but just think about it… I don’t have to be Dave Workman to make a difference in this world. I don’t have to be Robbie Reider. I don’t have to be anything fancy to make a difference, I can go buy someone dinner in a Drive-thru or buy someone a drink at Starbucks and I can be making a difference.

Why do so many of us want to be Dave Workman’s or Robbie Reiders. I can tell you one thing...I was not created to be a Dave or Robbie and I am perfectly okay with that. I don't think that it's finding out Who I am supposed to be but it's being content with who I am and who God has created me to be. I think when I first wrote that prayer I was expecting God to make me into a Dave or a Robbie. But that’s not what I want and that's not who I am. I am not a public speaker and I was not gifted to lead worship.

I am Kalla Green who works at Vineyard Community Church as an Admin for Celebrations. I live in Cincinnati in the "Riddle house." I have a wonderful immediate family and "family" I have friends that I trust and love so much. I know that my life is completely devoted to God. I am in love with a little boy named Mac (who makes me smile everyday!) That’s just part of me. But that’s me. And I am okay with that. I love my job, I love my house, I love my family…what else could I want?

God transform me into who are…let my life reflect you. Don’t let me get in the way of You.

5 comments:

agirloutthere said...

Thanks Kalla for speaking this and many other things out with us and the www of us's. I can again relate to what you seem to be saying here. I am discovering God's jealous call for my time and my worship. Sometimes I think that the "am I this, am I that, do I do this, or should I do that" is a carousel ride I take myself on a few too many times. God just wants me in His presence, not bobbing up and down, spinning round and round, with mirrors, flashy colors, screaming crowds, and the creepy twang of the carousel music. Sometimes it should just be me listening to Him and basking in His light. Hey that reminds me, are you hitting the roof today?

Anonymous said...

see, you do make a difference! as a celebrations volunteer, i can say that the help an admin can provide that team is totally valuable! when you help robbie with scheduling the band or help ed with, well, whatever he needs help with, you free them up to do what they're gifted to do without pulling hairs over what they're not gifted to do. and they trust you, precious you, with it. and who knows what all you're learning from just hanging around those guys all the time! not to mention the fact that they really need a female mind working in that office. that's a great contribution in and of itself. :)

i don't recommend the roof today. weather's kinda yucky...

Kalla said...

Yeah...Friday's aren't roof days. Actually today would be a great day to lay on the roof...but work calls me! :)

Marsha said...

Work is calling, but I am not answering :-) I love the thoughts, Kalla. Glad you wrote instead of hanging out on the roof.

Anonymous said...

Hey, kalla also helps me out alot also. My job became much easier when she joined the celebrations team. Thanks Kalla.