Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A firemans wife

I heard a saying the other day...

A fireman's wife is a single life.

How I don't want to believe that I feel it I do. I don't for one second think that my husband doesn't work hard but when all you do is sleep with your husband it feels like I don't even have a husband. Chris has been working a lot of over time in the past month which has made me CRAZY! But I am thankful that this week is almost over.

Here is a poem I found.

Fireman's Wife
The table is set, the meal's prepared,
our guests will soon arrive.
My husband once more disappears
with a hope of keeping a child alive.
While waiting at home again alone,
our plans having gone awry.
My first impulse is merely to sit down and cry.
But soon again I realize the importance of my life
when I agreed to take on the duties of being a fireman's wife.
While there are many drawbacks,
I'll take them in my stride
The gusting winds and raging flames
may be his final fate,
But with God's help I can remain
my fireman's faithful mate.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Kalla, I hope this weekend gives u the opportunity to rest and refresh! I know how hard it is when your husband works long hours- my hubby is on call 24/7, it sure makes life interesting. Just keep pressing on!

Jeannie